Dedicated Car Accident Attorneys Fighting for Victims in Cleveland, Texas
Within every two hours and 25 minutes, one person was killed in Texas in 2018. That number may be staggering, but the Texas Department of Transportation reports that the fatality and incident rate in the state has been consistently decreasing over the last few years that have followed. The roads in Texas are becoming safer, making that great news for everyone.
For those unfortunate enough to be involved in a car accident, however, it can feel like they have to battle the world alone to receive the compensation they require to recover from their damages. The experienced Cleveland car accident attorneys of Lapeze & Johns want you to know that you don’t have to face the insurance companies and legal system on your own.
What to Do If You Are Involved in an Accident
Car accidents can be undeniably horrifying, and that fear can make it difficult to be rational enough to know what to do. Having a plan and steps to follow can help you not only make a solid legal case, but also stay safe.
Below is some information regarding what you should do if you’ve been involved in an accident. Remember, keeping yourself safe is always the most important step:
- Never leave the scene of an accident until law enforcement says it is safe for you to do so.
- Call the police. A police report is indispensable to either an insurance claim or civil action.
- Take notes on everything that happened before, during, and after the crash.
- In those notes, include all of the other driver’s information such as their name, address, phone number, insurance carrier, and any other important, relevant information you may need.
- If it is safe to do so, take pictures of the vehicles involved, as well the conditions of the area and anything else relevant to the crash.
- Seek medical attention as soon as you can to establish causality between your accident and your injury.
Financial Relief Awarded to Car Accident Claimants
There are two different kinds of compensation, also known as damages, that can be awarded in the case of a car accident: economic and non-economic. Economic damages are any damages that can be calculated into a dollar amount. Economic damages include things like lost wages, lost earning capacity, and medical bills.
Non-economic damages are awarded for losses that do not have an exact calculable cost. Among these damages are mental anguish, pain and suffering, loss of intimate relationships, and reduced quality of life.
Lapeze & Johns Supports The Community of Cleveland, Texas
The car accident attorneys of Lapeze & Johns believe in seeking justice for those who have been wronged, and they would be proud to represent you, whether it be in insurance negotiations or the civil courtroom. We are devoted to meeting our clients’ needs, and we will do everything we possibly can to achieve an effective solution for you.