Car Accident Attorneys Serving Texans in Coldspring
According to local legend, Coldspring, Texas, was named such because of the cold springwater that was found there around the time the state was founded. This beautiful town is located just north of Houston and is packed full of historical markers that detail the very beginnings of the settlement of Texas.
Despite the rich history permeating from the very ground, Coldspring isn’t exempt from car and truck accidents. The Texas Department of Transportation has provided data for 2021 on car crashes in Coldspring. In 2021, 22 car accidents involved 61 individuals, thankfully with zero fatalities.
Should representation be needed for car accident claims, however, serving this local area is the experienced car accident attorneys of Lapeze & Johns.
Although Coldspring has a low number of car crashes for 2021 with zero fatalities, these accidents may have been avoidable depending on the situation.
Although the Texas Department of Transportation has not provided the official causes for the recorded car crashes, let’s look into what the common causes of car accidents are and how we can avoid them.
- Drunk Driving – Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs can affect how a person thinks or reacts to situations around them. A car accident caused by drunk driving is avoidable, full stop, when people plan to consume alcohol responsibily, avoid drug usage, or call a rideshare service.
- Distracted Driving – Car accidents can be a result of drivers being distracted by ringing phones, checking messages, or changing radio stations. Avoid car accidents caused by distracted driving by ensuring that safe driving is your number one priority. Checking the phone and changing the music can be done at the final destination or by pulling over.
- Reckless Driving – Careless driving comes in many different forms, causing car and truck accidents that stem from:
• Running through stop signs or lights.
• Not using turn signals.
• Losing your temper or other road rage incidents.
• Changing lanes too quickly.
- Drowsy Driving – Drowsiness and sleeping while behind the wheel can cause car or truck accidents as it reduces the brain’s cognitive thinking and reaction times. Before hitting the road, stay awake and alert by listening to music, rolling the windows down, or driving during the daytime.
Economic and Non-Economic Damages Resulting From Car Accidents
Car accidents can cause several different damages that affect you or others involved. They are mainly separated into two main categories: economic and non-economic.
- Medical bills
- Physical therapy costs
- Vehicle repairs
- Lost wages
- Lost business opportunities
- Pain and suffering
- Lowered quality of life
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
Contacting a lawyer about what kind of compensation you may qualify for should be your first step to overcoming such a traumatic event.
Lapeze & Johns: Assisting in Coldspring Car Accident Cases
Staying safe on the road is rule number one in avoiding car accidents. However, accidents are out of our control. If you or someone you love is a victim of a car crash in Coldspring, Texas, reach out to the experienced car accident lawyers at Lapeze & Johns to find assistance in your car accident case.