On average, large commercial trucks can weigh 20 to 30 times more than the average passenger vehicle. Not only do 18-wheelers and other similar types of trucks dwarf passenger vehicles, but they also carry heavy — and at times dangerous — cargo.
While trucking companies and their employees have to follow a specific set of guidelines and rules, there are still many accidents that occur on Texas roadways that leave innocent victims suffering from horrific injuries.
If you have been involved in a collision as the result of a negligent truck driver, you will need a trustworthy team of attorneys by your side. Fortunately, the Crosby truck accident lawyers of Lapeze & Johns, PLLC, are here to serve victims and will fight tooth-and-nail against all negligent parties in order to serve justice.
Types of Injuries Suffered in Truck Accidents
Due to the size and weight of most commercial trucks, accidents involving these enormous vehicles often result in serious injuries. Some of the most common injuries associated with truck accidents include but are not limited to:
- Broken bones
- Torn ligaments
- Neck and back injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Severe burns
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
These catastrophic injuries can require extensive medical treatment that can be expensive. If you’re unable to work as a result of your injuries, then the financial burden can become even more overbearing. That’s why seeking out the guidance and support of qualified Crosby truck accident attorneys is so important to your situation.
We can help you to secure compensation for the pain and damages you have suffered.
What to Do When You Are Involved in a Car Accident in Crosby
- Try to stay calm and collected
- Check to see if anyone in your vehicle suffered any significant injuries.
- Call 911 and request an ambulance if necessary.
- Contact the local police.
- Collect all evidence as safely as you possibly can, including:
- Photographs and video
- Contact and insurance information of the other drivers
- Witness contact information
- Copies of the police report
- Medical records
Notable Damages Awarded to Truck Accident Victims
Some of the damages Lapeze & Johns, PLLC, will help you secure include but are not limited to:
- Medical expenses related to your injuries (past, present, and future)
- Lost wages
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Property damage expenses (such as vehicle repair and broken items as a result of the accident)
- Pain and suffering (both physical and emotional)
- Emotional and mental anguish
- Loss of consortium and companionship
- Loss of quality of life
- Funeral expenses (in wrongful death claims)
Crosby Truck Accident Attorneys Ready to Fight For You!
Being involved in a truck accident can come with horrendous outcomes and can set you back physically, emotionally, and financially.
In the event of a catastrophic trucking accident, you should not let your pain go unanswered. The Crosby truck accident attorneys of Lapeze & Johns, PLLC, can help you get your life back on track.
Have you or a loved one suffered significant injuries as the result of a negligent truck driver? Contact Lapeze & Johns, PLLC, today for a FREE no-obligation case evaluation!