Lapeze and Johns: Car Accident Attorneys Fighting for El Campo
According to data gathered by My Accident.org, at least 8 car accidents occurred in the El Campo area in November 2020 alone. This data represents a 25% increase over the same reporting from 2019. Unfortunately, many El Campo residents are involved in car accidents every year, and those individuals deserve a car accident attorney who will fight for their rights to proper compensation.
If you’ve been involved in a car or truck accident in El Campo or the surrounding area, the El Campo car accident attorneys of Lapeze & Johns would be proud to represent you in insurance negotiations or civil court.
What to Do After a Car Accident in El Campo
Car accident victims can quickly become overwhelmed by the situation following a crash, but if you’re involved in a car accident in El Campo, there are a few simple steps you can follow to stay safe and to strengthen any litigation you may need to pursue:
- Protect Yourself — Even after a car accident, your safety should always come first. If you or your passengers are safe but injured, don’t try to move.
- Move to Safety — If you are driving and uninjured, move your vehicle to the side of the road if you can do so safely, or leave it and move yourself to safety. Help other injured parties if it is safe to do so.
- Call 911 — Call for emergency assistance as soon as you can. Make sure to request a police report as that will be essential to any litigation you file.
- Exchange Information — Once it’s safe to do so, swap insurance and contact information with all parties involved.
- Gather Evidence — If you can do so safely, photograph any relevant conditions as well as all vehicles involved, and request contact information from potential witnesses.
- Take Notes — Write down everything you can remember leading up to, during, and following the crash.
- Talk to an Attorney — We recommend speaking to an El Campo car accident attorney before contacting your insurance company, as insurance companies may try to pay out less than you need if they are able.
Common Car Accident Damages
Car accident victims may be eligible for three different types of compensation for the losses they sustain: economic, non-economic, and punitive. While punitive damages are meant to punish reckless behavior and don’t correspond to a specific loss, economic and non-economic damages are meant to compensate for monetarily calculable and non-calculable losses respectively.
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Funeral expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost relationships
- Mental anguish
Lapeze & Johns: Compassionate El Campo Car Accident Attorneys You Need
Car and truck accidents can be a confusing circumstance to overcome, but thankfully, you don’t have to endure it alone. Experienced lawyers are a boon to victims of these types of accidents as they help victims get the compensation they need to get their life back on track. Lapeze & Johns can do this for you.
If you’ve been involved in a truck or car accident in El Campo or the surrounding area, you may be eligible for compensation. Reach out to the compassionate car accident attorneys of Lapeze & Johns today for help seeking justice.
Involved in a car or truck accident in El Campo? Contact Lapeze & Johns today for experienced legal representation.