Fighting for Justice in Bryan, Texas
In 2020, there was one Bryan car accident for every 62 residents living in the city. In comparison, statewide there was an average of one accident for roughly every 80 residents. This means Bryan residents are statistically more likely than the average Texan to be involved in an accident.
If you’re a resident living in Bryan, Texas, you deserve access to reliable car accident representation. Reach out to the experienced Houston car accident attorneys at Lapeze and Johns for help getting the car accident compensation you deserve.
What Are the Most Common Types of Texas Accidents?
There are countless factors that can contribute to a Texas car accident, but some are more common than others. As a driver, you can learn about the most dangerous driving behaviors below, and avoid them the next time you’re on the road.
- Failure to Control Speed — in 2020, drivers failing to control their speed contributed to more than 113,000 crashes, making this the largest contributor to Texas accidents, by far.
- Driver Inattention — a lack of driver attention contributed to nearly 70,500 Texas car accidents in 2020.
- Failure to Drive in a Single Lane — weaving between lanes or driving in more than one lane contributed to nearly 40,000 accidents in Texas in 2020.
- Unsafe Lane Changes — changing lanes at an unsafe or improper time contributed to roughly 34,000 accidents in Texas in 2020.
As you can see, driving at an unsafe speed puts drivers at a much higher risk of being involved in an accident, even when compared to other risky behaviors. If you’ve been involved in an accident caused by speeding, you may qualify for legal compensation.
Texas Car Accident Compensation
Every car accident is different, and the harm they cause can also vary widely. Because of this, the court offers two different primary types of car accident compensation: economic and non-economic. While economic damages cover the losses that have a clear financial cost, non-economic damages are meant to cover harm that doesn’t come with a specific cost.
Economic Damages May Cover:
- Lost wages
- Car repairs
- Funeral expenses
- Medical expenses
Non-Economic Damages May Cover:
- Physical and emotional pain
- Lost relationships
- PTSD and other mental health conditions
- Reduced quality of life
Remember, if you’ve been injured in a car accident in Texas, you don’t have to go through the process of getting the compensation that you alone. An experienced car accident attorney can take the work off your shoulders and give you more time to heal.
Get the Bryan Car Accident Relief That You Need with Lapeze & Johns
Being involved in a car accident can be chaotic and frightening, but the stress caused by these events, unfortunately, doesn’t end on the scene. Instead, victims are often left struggling to get the help that they need and deserve.
If you’ve been injured in a Bryan auto accident, the Houston car crash attorneys at Lapeze & Johns, PLLC, would be proud to fight on your behalf. We will work tirelessly to get you any compensation you may be owed.