Hillcrest Car Accident Attorneys for You
Located less than 35 miles from Houston’s downtown, the village of Hillcrest is a peaceful community full of families and proud Texans.
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there were just over 6,000 car accidents in Brazoria County in 2019. Most of these accidents occurred in Lake Jackson, Angleton, Alvin, and other larger towns in the metro area, but even small communities like Hillcrest need and deserve dedicated legal representation.
If you’ve been involved in a Hillcrest car accident, you can rely on the Houston car accident attorneys of Lapeze & Johns, PLLC, for exceptional legal counsel with your claim or court case.
How to Choose the Right Car Accident Attorney for You
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, it may be in your best interest to consult with an experienced car accident attorney prior to contacting your insurance company. Many lawyers, including Lapeze & Johns, PLLC, offer FREE consultations, meaning that they will only recommend you hire their services if it is absolutely necessary. Below, you can find a few things to consider when choosing the right lawyer for your situation:
- Expertise — there are countless areas of law that lawyers can practice in, but you will need a car accident lawyer for your car accident case.
- Communication — the key to a strong case is good communication, both between yourself and the attorney, and the attorney and their team.
- Cost — most attorneys offer free consultations and will be able to give you a cost estimate before you hire them.
- Teamwork — some lawyers work alone while others work with teams, but either way, you will need to know who is working on your case to ensure the quality of representation.
Damages Awarded Following Texas Car Accidents
Car accidents can leave us both physically and emotionally scarred. Because of this, the compensation that is offered after a car accident needs to be able to cover all types of damages. Below, you’ll find the common types of losses that may be covered by filing a car accident suits:
- Economic damages — monetary losses such as lost wages, medical bills, therapy bills, property damage, lost earning power, and funeral expenses.
- Non-economic damages — non-monetary losses such as pain and suffering, disfigurement, lost relationships, reduced quality of life, and mental disorders including PTSD.
- Punitive damages — compensation meant to serve as a punishment for and deterrent of reckless behavior.
The expenses associated with a car accident can add up fast. Seeking compensation for these costs could be essential to getting the care you need.