Car Accident Attorneys Serving the Community of Humble
Unfortunately, Harris County sees the highest rate of car accidents of any Texas county. For Humble residents, this meant suffering 1,155 car crashes in their community in 2019. With a population of 15,000, this translates to roughly one accident for every 13 residents.
While you might not expect to be involved in a crash, you should have access to compassionate legal representation in the event you are involved in one of these potentially life-altering events.
If your accident was caused by the actions or negligence of someone else, the Houston car accident attorneys of Lapeze & Johns, PLLC, can help you file a claim against those who have caused your damages.
What to Do After Your Texas Car Accident
Car accidents and crash scenes can be chaotic, but knowing the steps to take following a crash can help you stay safe and legally protected. If you’re involved in a car wreck in Texas, keep these tips in mind:
- Stay Safe — move your vehicle out of traffic; do not leave the vehicle if you aren’t absolutely certain it is safe to do so. It’s best to wait for authorities.
- Dial 911 — call the police, not only so a police report is created regarding the incident, but also to make sure that any injured parties get help as soon as possible.
- Gather Evidence — when it is safe to do so, gather insurance and contact information of the other drivers involved, photographic evidence, a record of your experience, medical records, and any witness information.
- See a Doctor — if you were injured in any way during your crash, visit a doctor immediately to ensure that the injury is connected to the crash through documentation.
- Call a Lawyer — insurance companies may use what you say against you, so it’s important that you know the right things to say before speaking to an adjuster. Most lawyers will give you a free consultation to help you determine the best approach to your situation.
Types of Compensation Awarded to Car Accident Victimsts
Even the most minor accidents can lead to massive expenses. From whiplash to broken bones, fender benders can still cause painful injuries which may need long-term treatment. Some of the damages which may be awarded to victims of car accidents include but are not limited to:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Lost relationships
- Reduced quality of life
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Funeral expenses
- Medical and therapy bills
- Reduced earning power
Car Accident Attorneys Who Care About Your Well-Being And Recovery
If you’ve been involved in a car accident in Humble, the lawyers of Lapeze & Johns, PLLC, would be proud to help you seek the compensation and legal justice you may be owed.
At Lapeze & Johns, we know how important it is that car accident victims acquire access to the compensation they deserve, and we will work tirelessly to make that a reality for you and your family.
If you’ve been injured in a Humble car accident, reach out to the Houston car accident attorneys of Lapeze & Johns, PLLC, today for a FREE, no-obligation consultation.