Car Accident Lawyers Ready to Help Jamaica Beach Residents
Situated on gorgeous Galveston Island, Jamaica Beach is arguably one of the safest towns in Texas when it comes to car accidents. In fact, in all of 2019, there were only five car accidents in Jamaica Beach, and none of those accidents were fatal. However, the fact that these accidents are uncommon could leave residents unsure of their sources for legal representation.
If you’ve been involved in a car accident in Jamaica Beach, you don’t have to face the situation alone. The Houston car accident attorneys of Lapeze & Johns, PLLC, would be proud to represent you and fight for your rights to compensation.
What to Do After Your Jamaica Beach Car Accident
Car accidents can be overwhelming, but knowing the right steps to take if you’re involved in a crash can help you and your passengers stay safe. If you’re involved in a car crash in Jamaica Beach or its surrounding communities, follow these tips to keep safe:
1. Move to Safety — Do not leave your vehicle unless you are positive you are out of the line of traffic. If you can’t move your vehicle out of traffic, do NOT get out.
2. Call 911 — Call for emergency services as soon as possible.
3. Gather Evidence — Gather witness information, take photos and notes, gather insurance and contact information, and request a police report. If the report seems inaccurate, talk to the officer about adjusting it.
4. Seek Medical Attention — If you are injured in any way, seek medical attention as soon as possible. Failing to do so could lead to you suffering additional injuries and make it incredibly difficult to get compensation for any damages you suffered.
5. Consult a Lawyer — If you plan on seeking compensation, consult with a Jamaica Beach attorney before speaking to your insurance provider to ensure that your claim is protected.
Damages Awarded to Car Accident Victims
If you’ve been involved in a car accident that was caused by the actions or negligence of someone else, you may be owed compensation for all or part of the losses you suffered. Losses that may be covered in a car accident claim or suit include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Reduced quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Disability and disfigurement
- Lost relationships
- Funeral expenses
The costs of a car accident can add up quicker than expected. If you’ve been involved in a crash, it is in your best interest to talk to an attorney to ensure your rights to justice and compensation.
Compassionate Car Accident Attorneys for Jamaica Beach
The legal system was put in place to protect Americans from harm and to ensure them compensation for any harm they suffer at the hands of others.
If you’ve been involved in a crash in Jamaica Beach, contact the Houston car accident attorneys of Lapeze & Johns today to start on the path to legal relief.