Due to the high costs associated with car accident injuries, victims of a crash need to protect their rights to compensation. In 2019, there were nearly 700 car accidents in Jersey Village affecting over 1,700 people. Each of those individuals deserved the assistance of a compassionate car accident attorney.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Jersey Village, you may be owed compensation for the damages you suffered. The Jersey Village car accident attorneys of Lapeze and Johns, PLLC, can help you to obtain the justice you deserve.
What to Do After Your Texas Car Accident
Car accidents are often chaotic and confusing, and victims are usually left stunned and uncertain of what to do next. Keep these steps in mind to help ensure that you stay safe and legally protected if you find yourself involved in a wreck:
- Stay Safe — Your safety is your first priority. Stay in your vehicle unless it is on fire, and move it to a safe place if possible.
- Call 911 — Call for help or ask a bystander to call first responders as soon as possible.
- Seek Medical Attention — Even if you suffer a minor injury, seek the care of a doctor as soon as possible to establish a connection between the crash and your injury.
- Help Others — If it is reasonable to do so, you may be legally required to lend aid to other injured parties.
- Gather Evidence — If it is safe to do so, gather insurance and contact information from everyone involved, take photos of all related road conditions, gather witness contact information, and take notes on everything you remember.
- Consult an Attorney — Before talking to an insurance adjuster, consult a Jersey Village car accident attorney to ensure that you don’t say anything that could jeopardize your claim.
Car accidents can lead to considerable expenses. It may be possible for you to navigate the process of seeking compensation for a minor collision by yourself, but it is highly recommended that you consult an attorney if you were injured in the crash.
Damages Awarded to Car Accident Victims
Car accidents can leave victims with both physical and mental injuries. The process of recovering from these traumatic events can be time-consuming and costly. If you’ve been involved in a crash caused by another party, you may be eligible for compensation for the following losses:
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses
- Lost relationships
- Reduced earning power
- Reduced quality of life
- Lost wages
- Funeral expenses
Lapeze & Johns: Car Accident Attorneys Who Will Fight for You
If you’ve been involved in a car accident caused by the actions or negligence of another party, they may be responsible for covering the damages you have suffered.
The process of seeking relief after a car accident can be difficult, but our compassionate car accident attorneys at Lapeze & Johns, PLLC, would be proud to represent you and fight for your rights to compensation.
If you’ve been injured in a Jersey Village car accident, contact Lapeze and Johns, PLLC, today.