La Marque Car Accident Attorneys
Nestled just past the edge of the West Bay, La Marque is full of interesting attractions just waiting to be explored. Unfortunately, even the most beautiful places still have their fair share of car accidents. In fact, in 2019, La Marque saw a car accident nearly once per day.
Luckily, the vast majority of those accidents didn’t result in any injuries.
Still, if you’ve been injured in a La Marque car accident, you don’t have to go through the process of financial recovery alone. The Houston car accident attorneys of Lapeze & Johns, PLLC, would be proud to represent you.
What To Do After a Texas Car Accident
Car accidents can be chaotic and confusing. Knowing the steps to take after one of these potentially life-changing events can help you stay calm and stay safe.
- Safety First — stay in your vehicle unless it is on fire or otherwise unsafe. While your car might be hit, you’re much more protected inside it than on the street.
- Call 911 — call for emergency assistance as soon as possible.
- Gather Evidence — if you can, take pictures of all relevant evidence including damages to your vehicle, gather insurance and contact information, and be sure to verify that your police report is accurate.
- Seek Medical Assistance — if you are injured in any way, be sure to see a doctor in order to establish documentation and link between the accident and your injuries.
- Consult With an Attorney — while you may not need an attorney for your accident, a consultation can help you decide your best path forward.
It is worth noting that insurance companies are just like any business, meaning they want to make and save as much money as possible.
If you’ve been in an accident, it is highly recommended that you consult with a car accident attorney before speaking to your insurance company in order to ensure that you don’t say anything that could weaken your claim.
Damages Awarded After Texas Car Accidents
Texas is a “comparative fault” state. This means that you will only be able to receive the amount of compensation equivalent to the extent to which the other party was at fault.
Basically, if you were 10% at fault for your crash, at maximum you will only be eligible for coverage of 90% of your damages. Those expenses fall into two categories: economic and non-economic.
Economic expenses have a calculable “price tag,” while the monetary equivalent of non-economic losses is a bit more abstract.
A few examples include, but are not limited to:
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Funeral expenses
- Reduced earning power
- Pain and suffering
- PTSD and other mental injuries
- Reduced quality of life
- Lost relationships
Compassionate Car Accident Attorneys Serving La Marque
There’s no denying that car accidents can have widespread impacts that are difficult to foresee and calculate. If you’ve been injured in a La Marque car accident, the Houston car accident attorneys of Lapeze & Johns, PLLC, can help you make a strong claim or case.