Lapeze & Johns Help Defend the Residents of the Woodlands
The Woodlands is often referred to as one of the best places to live in the U.S., but accidents can happen anywhere.
While there were no crashes in the Woodlands in 2020, it’s always a good idea to know about your rights in case the worst happens. The experienced car accident attorneys at Lapeze & Johns can provide the legal support and information you need to protect your own best interests.
What To Do After You’ve Been In A Car Accident
Being involved in a car accident can be overwhelming, but knowing about the steps to take after a crash can help you stay calm and stay safe.
- Call 911 — After an accident, call the police as soon as possible. Even if there are no injuries, you will need a police report.
- Check For Injuries — check if you are injured and assess the injuries of the other passengers in your car if you can. If the injuries are serious, do not move and sit still while you wait for the medics.
- Get To Safety — Move your vehicle to the shoulder of the road if you can. Otherwise, do not leave your vehicle until help arrives.
- Wait For Help — Shut off your engine, turn on your hazard lights, and, if needed, pull out the road flares in your emergency car kit to notify other vehicles.
- Exchange Information — After help has arrived, exchange pertinent information with the other driver including but not limited to: full name and contact info, driver’s license and license plate number, and insurance info.
- Gather Evidence — Take photos of the accident from every angle, showing the damage on both cars. Be as thorough as possible so you have access to as much evidence as possible in case you need to prove liability.
- Seek Medical Attention — Even with slight injuries, be sure to see a doctor so that the connection between the accident and your injuries is on the record.
- Consult With An Attorney — While your accident might not necessarily warrant an attorney, a consultation can help provide guidance on what to do next.
Every car accident is different, but safety always comes first. Check on yourself and your passengers, call for help immediately, and stay in your car until medics have arrived.
The Car Accident Damages You Deserve
After a car accident, you can file an insurance claim or start a personal injury case for compensation. In either case, compensation may be provided for the entirety of your losses. In the court, this compensation is referred to as “damages” and comes in two main types, economic and non-economic:
- Lost wages
- Medical expenses
- Reduced earning power
- Funeral costs
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Lost relationships
- PTSD and other mental injuries
Expenses related to a car accident can be incredibly high. Because of this, seeking the assistance of a skilled car accident attorney after your crash is highly recommended!
Committed Car Accident Attorneys Serving Texas City
Car accidents can come out of nowhere and result in life-changing consequences. While it’s important that each of us does our part to prepare for the possibility, the car accident attorneys at Lapeze & Johns are here to represent those who have the misfortune of being involved in a crash.