Car Accident Attorneys Representing New Caney
New Caney is located outside of the city of Houston Texas. This rural county boasts great views of Paleo-Indian and Archaic history and serves as a home to many hard-working Texans. Unfortunately, accidents still happen, even in places like New Caney.
In 2020, New Caney saw a total of 13 car crashes. Of these 13 crashes, no fatalities were reported, though 41people were involved in some way. If you’ve been injured in a car crash in New Caney, reach out to the Lapeze & Johns team for assistance.
What To Do After Your New Caney Car Accident
Car accidents can be stressful. Some people may be unsure about what to do after an accident has occurred. Here are some tips that your local attorney’s office has provided for what to do after a car accident.
- Seek Medical Care – The first thing that needs to be attended to after a car accident is seeking medical attention for all injured parties.
- Ensure Safety – If any of the vehicles or people involved are in immediate danger due to traffic or weather, they may need to move to stay safe from further harm. Otherwise, do not leave your vehicle after a crash.
- Contact Police – Contact the police as soon as possible, or ask someone to contact them for you.
- Collect Information – Once the police have arrived, collect contact information from the other drivers. This includes the other driver’s name, phone number, and insurance information.
- Gather Evidence — Pictures and any eyewitness information may be essential to proving your claim.
- Call an Attorney — Before reaching out to your insurance, contact an accident attorney to ensure that you don’t accidentally implicate yourself or lose compensation.
- Call Your Insurance Company – Once you’ve consulted an attorney, call your insurance provider to inform them that you have been involved in a car accident. Your insurance company will be able to assist you with filing a claim.
Economic Vs Non-Economic Damages Can Be Compensated
Following a Texas car accident, compensation is made available for two different types of losses: economic and non-economic. Economic damages refer to monetary expenses that have resulted from a car accident. Non-economic damages include injuries and harm that doesn’t have a monetary value.
- Medical expenses
- Wages lost
- Damaged property
- Vehicle repairs
- Funeral expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Reduced enjoyment of life
The Office of Lapeze & Johns Serves the People of New Caney
Car accidents can happen at any time, even in a small town. If you or someone you love has been involved in a car accident, seek out the assistance of an experienced car accident attorney for help making a claim or case for relief!
Lapeze & Johns will fight tirelessly to get you the compensation that you deserve following a car accident. Don’t wait to learn more about how we can help you see justice.
If you’ve been injured in a New Caney accident, let the team at Lapeze & Johns help you start down the path to justice and financial relief, today!