One man lost his life in a single-vehicle rollover accident in Houston on the morning of Saturday, May 12th.
The Victim Was Ejected From His Vehicle
On Saturday, May 12, at 9:45 a.m., a man was ejected during a single-vehicle rollover accident on West Airport at Taintor Street. A tweet was issued by the Houston Fire Department mentioning that the victim suffered and died because of thermal burns after he was ejected from the vehicle.
Rollover Accident Statistics
Rollover accidents are some of the most dangerous types of accidents with a higher fatality rate compared to other types of crashes.
- In 2010, nearly 9.1 million passenger cars, SUV, pickups, and van crashes occurred. Of them, 2.1 percent involved a rollover.
- Rollovers accounted for 35 percent of all deaths from passenger vehicle crashes.
- In 2010, over 7,600 people died in a rollover accident, in which the majority—around 69 percent—were not wearing a seatbelt.
What You Can Do To Avoid A Rollover Accident
1. Ensure everyone in the vehicle has their seatbelts buckled.
2. Slow down on turns.
3. Put your cell phone away.
4. Keep your tires balanced.
5. Don’t drink and drive.
6. Give other cars their space.
7. Respect road conditions (icy roads, flooded roads, etc.).
Have you been involved in a rollover accident? Let the dedicated and experienced Houston car accident attorneys of Lapeze & Johns help you.
If you or someone you loved has been involved in a car accident where the vehicle rolled over, causing severe injuries or death, you may still have time to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Image courtesy of abc13.com