Attorneys Keith Lapeze and Chris Johns are dedicated to helping you get your life back in order after you have suffered from a catastrophic personal injury as the result of a serious car accident. Knowledgeable, experienced, and truly invested in helping you regain control of your life, Lapeze & Johns have over 30 combined years of experience as trial lawyers in Texas and throughout the Gulf Coast.
With millions in damages secured for their clients and a 98% success rate, look no further than Lapeze & Johns. This firm proudly serves the community of Pasadena, Texas, and its surrounding communities.
Shocking Texas Car Accident Statistics to Be Aware Of
Harris County, where Pasadena is located, is home to some of the most dangerous roads in Texas. Shockingly, Harris County accounts for over 10% of all fatal car accidents in the state of Texas.
As per the Texas Department of Transportation, in 2019, Harris County saw:
- 395 fatal crashes resulting in 418 fatalities
- 1,977 suspected serious crashes
- 2,294 suspected serious injuries
- 21,792 possible injury crashes resulting in 33,218 possible injuries
If those statistics aren’t dismal enough, for many years, Harris County has also been among the leaders for the highest number of crashes involving a commercial vehicle, such as an 18-wheeler.
The Proper Steps to Take After a Car Accident
Whether you have been involved in a car or commercial vehicle accident, there are several steps you need to take in order to best protect your rights and begin the process of developing a strong legal claim.
- Seek Medical Care Immediately
Obtaining medical care helps to (1) prevent further injury, (2) allows you to better understand what the future may hold in regards to the healing process, and (3) helps to create a vital paper trail showing that you did receive medical attention, which is important when filing a legal claim.
- Begin Collecting Information/Evidence
If you have been involved in a car or semi-truck accident:
- Contact the local police department immediately.
- Collect the other driver’s contact information, driver’s license number, and insurance information.
- If it is safe to do so, take pictures of the scene of the accident, including the condition of the cars, roads, and other details.
- Get the number of the police report so that you can obtain a copy as soon as it is ready.
- Seek Out a Qualified Attorney
A determined and qualified Pasadena car accident attorney can make all the difference in the world. An experienced attorney can help you:
- Understand your situation and rights.
- Help you secure evidence and issue a spoliation letter.
- Represent you in your dealings with an insurance company and in court.
Damages Awarded to Car Accident Victims
Depending on your particular situation, you may be eligible to secure damages for but not limited to:
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- Lost wages (past and future)
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of quality of life
- Funeral expenses
If you have been involved in an accident with a semi-truck, because of the nature of these types of incidents, multiple parties may be found responsible for your settlement, including:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- The truck’s manufacturer or the manufacturer of individual parts
- The last party to perform maintenance and repairs
Working with a dedicated team of attorneys can help you identify exactly who is liable for the damages you have recovered.
Pasadena Car Accident Attorneys You Can Depend On!
Our Pasadena car accident lawyers will sit down with you and walk you through the entire legal process. We will be with you every step of the way.