- Automotive & Car Wreck Injuries
- Truck Accidents
- Personal Injury
- Offshore Injuries
- Oil Field Injuries
- Industrial Injuries
- Industrial Accidents
- Business Disputes
- Construction Accidents
- Burn Injuries
- Children’s Injuries
- Dangerous Products
- Environmental Litigation
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Railroad Accidents
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Wrongful Death
Compassionate Personal Injury Lawyers in Houston, Texas
While most of us go through our day feeling relatively safe, the truth is that there are risks everywhere. From defective products to slippery floors, there are countless ways that each of us could be hurt at any given moment. Each of these risks could potentially lead to serious injuries; injuries that can leave you and your loved ones with mounting medical bills, stacks of invoices from mechanics, and truly painful mental and emotional anguish.
If you’ve been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you deserve justice. If someone else is responsible for the damage you suffered, they may be liable for any expenses or losses caused by that damage.
Seeking compensation following a personal injury can be nearly as stressful as the accident itself, but you don’t have to face the process alone. You deserve a team of dedicated personal injury lawyers who have the experience and success rate necessary to help you get your life back.
Types of Personal Injury
Personal injury accidents can happen anywhere and at any time. If you, unfortunately, fall victim to one, you will need a team of attorneys that have an excellent record representing victims.
Keith Lapeze and Christopher Johns have over 30 combined years of experience as trial lawyers in Texas, the Gulf Coast, and all throughout the nation. Their hard work and expertise have earned them a reputation as some of the best personal injury lawyers in the nation – a sentiment shared by peers and even the attorneys they go up against.
The Houston lawyers at Lapeze & Johns, PLLC, can help you seek compensation if you have experienced a personal injury as a result of but not limited to:
- Product Liability
- A Slip and Fall Accident
- A Car Accident
- Premise Liability
- A Defective Product
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Medical Malpractice
- Exposure to a Toxic Substance
- A Dog Bite
- Workplace Accident
- Maritime Accident
Types of Damages
Damages are a form of compensation that are meant to help cover a victim’s medical expenses, property repairs, and other losses that were caused by a personal injury. A victim who files a personal injury claim may be eligible for the following types of compensation:
- Compensatory Damages – These kinds of damages cover a wide spectrum of current or future expenses. They are categorized into two groups:
- Actual – Actual damages often cover medical expenses and lost wages.
- General – General damages usually cover pain and suffering, mental anguish, or physicalpain.
- Punitive Damages – Damages that are sought as a form of punishment to a party that acted negligently or under intentional misconduct. These could be limited according to state law.
- Court Costs and Attorney’s Fees – Damages that are meant to cover representation expenses to the plaintiff.
LOSSES THAT MAY BE COVERED
Our experience with personal injury law has allowed us to hone our competency, efficiency, and the skills you need to seek the compensation you deserve. We can help you file a claim that could result in compensation for the following losses:
- Medical Expenses – Medical expenses are costly. When you file a personal injury claim, you can fight for compensation to cover not only current medical expenses but also to cover any future medical expenses to treat the same injury/ies.
- Property Damage – This type of compensation helps you recover lost property costs (e.g. your car in a car accident).
- Pain and Suffering – This type of compensation differs from client to client as it is compensation that covers quality of life changes. It’s not unusual for your lawyer to enlist the aid of qualified experts to analyze these changes and to provide testimony if necessary.
- Emotional Distress and Trauma – Personal injury accidents are traumatic. Emotional and mental scarring far outlasts any physical injury you may have sustained. With the right personal injury attorneys, you can obtain much-needed compensation that can go towards counseling or other activities you need to get you back in the right frame of mind.
- Loss of Income and Future Earnings – This type of compensation helps you to recover any lost or future wages if your injury does not allow you to return back to work.
- Loss of Consortium – Personal injury accidents don’t just affect victims, but they affect the loved ones of the victims as well. This type of compensation helps cover injuries that affect a victim’s ability to interact with their loved ones.
With a trial win rate of 98%, $385 million in damages won, and over 30 years of combined experience fighting for the rightful compensation for our clients, the Houston personal injury attorneys at Lapeze & Johns have the legal expertise to accurately and diligently represent you in your personal injury claim.