When your vehicle suffers damage in a wreck, the expense of recovery can be extremely burdensome. If you were a victim of a car accident, there is no reason why you should bear the costs of damages alone.
Whether your car needs some repairs or the vehicle suffered a total loss, filing a claim for compensation against the negligent party can help immensely. If another individual is partially or entirely accountable for causing the accident, an experienced car accident attorney from Lapeze & Johns, PLLC can determine if your specific case is eligible for compensation.
Should I Seek Transportation Compensation?
Having your car on a daily basis makes going to work, running errands, and other tasks accessible. Yet, if your car suffers minor to total damage, you’ll need to find some other mode of transportation to get by. Fixing your car can take a few weeks, depending on the damage. Meanwhile, you can take a rental; however, the cost is likely to accumulate rather quickly.
In another instance, if you have suffered serious injuries that make it difficult to drive, you may need a chauffeur. Whether that be a taxi or a rideshare service like Lyft or Uber, the cost of calling for a ride can also be a hefty price to endure. We highly recommend that you seek the help of our experienced car accident attorneys to see what type of compensation you are entitled to following a collision.
The Quickest Way To Secure Your Ride After an Accident
If you do not want to wait around for a settlement with the at-fault party, a quicker way to secure compensation may be in pursuing a claim with your own car insurance policy.
Two aspects of your car insurance may cover your vehicle’s rental and repair: car rental insurance and collision coverage. Inform your insurance company of the incident as soon as possible, and seek an attorney to help back up your claim.
Your insurance company has a duty to provide you with recovery, meanwhile, the other party’s insurance company may be less invested in your best interest. Where the at-fault party fails you, your own insurance company should pull through.
If you need help navigating a claim with your own company or that of a negligent party, discover your options by consulting an experienced car accident attorney from Lapeze & Johns, PLLC right away.
Navigating a Transportation Claim with an Insurance Company
We know you pay your insurance on time. Yet, when it’s time for your return on that coverage, payment may not be handed over as quickly. Damages can be expensive, but insurance is, by design, your first line of defense against exorbitant costs.
The following tips can help cut the delay on a payout by your insurance company:
- Collect Evidence – If a police officer assists the scene of the accident, they will likely issue an accident or police report. A copy of this report may provide evidence of the negligence performed by the other party.
- Establish Liability – Solid evidence can help establish liability. Once your insurance company reviews your claim and sees the at-fault party is liable, compensation will be easier to come by.
- Be Clear and Concise – Anything you say can be used against you in a claim. Avoid oversharing, as the insurance company may try and twist your words to reduce or absolve the value of your claim. Better yet, have a car accident attorney speak to the insurance claims adjuster on your behalf.
- Follow Up – You don’t want your claim to be pushed aside. To ensure that your claim is given the attention it deserves, you should call the insurance company at least a couple of times a day.
- Accountability – If the insurance adjuster is taking too long in returning your deserved compensation, then you may have to file a complaint with the Texas Department of Insurance. For added convenience, seek to do this online.
Timeframe for Rental to Repair
It is important that you act quickly to repair your car soon after the accident since you will only have between two to four weeks with the rental you sign for. You would not want to end up without any transportation once the insurance company decides to pull the rental car away.
Use the resources given to you in a timely manner. With the help of a skillful attorney and the cooperation of the insurance company, you will be back on the road in the comfort of your car in no time. If you are worried about securing the money you need to achieve this, consult a Houston car accident attorney for considerate guidance.
Reliable Car Accident Attorneys Ready To Serve You
There are resources available to help get your car back after suffering a car accident on behalf of another party’s negligence. You can get back to work and your daily routine once you secure a rental car while you repair your vehicle. Then, with the help of knowledgeable car accident attorneys, you can secure full compensation to cover the costs of these services.
Victims of car accidents should take action towards securing damages so that they can best recover. Whether it be from your own policy or that of the negligent driver, we will help build a solid claim with evidence to secure your compensation.
Has your vehicle suffered damage in a wreck? The relentless Houston car accident attorneys of Lapeze & Johns, PLLC, are ready to provide a FREE case review and begin building your claim as soon as you dial (713) 766-0075.