A Maserati driver fled the scene after colliding with the back of an off-duty police officer’s vehicle on Friday, June 4th. The officer was working an off-duty job to block traffic for a construction site when the accident occurred.

The Hit-and-Run

A police officer was injured on Friday morning when he was involved in a hit-and-run on the eastbound LBJ Freeway at Plano Road. The officer was hospitalized following the incident, but the severity of his injuries has yet to be reported.

After the collision, the Maserati driver got in another vehicle to flee the scene.

The off-duty Edgewood Police Officer was in the area to block traffic from a construction site.

Following the morning’s hit-and-run, the eastbound lanes of LBJ Freeway were closed for several hours while authorities conducted their investigation.

What To Do If You Have Information About a Traffic Violation

While most of us know what to do if we witness a violent crime or emergency — dial 911 — knowing what to do with information about a non-emergency traffic violation can be a bit trickier.

Using an online search engine to look for ways to report a crime will unfortunately usually only garner results on how to request a report for a crime that already took place. Searches for ways to submit new tips are less common, making sources of information more difficult to find.

There are actually various ways that you can report traffic crimes in your local community, largely depending on the type of crime and the services available in your area.

First of all, if there is a continual traffic violation in your area, you can report that violation to your local police department. Precincts like Harris County have online forms where you can submit a complaint of this kind. While the form does ask for a name, submitting information with a false name should still be an option for anyone worried about their anonymity.

In the Houston area, citizens can also request an increased police presence in their area if they are concerned about continuous speeding, theft, leaving their home unoccupied, or for any other reason.

If you have a minor crime to report or need non-emergency police assistance, you can search for the non-emergency number for your local precinct. In Houston, for instance, that number is (713) 844-3131.

Next, if you have information about an ongoing investigation, you can always call Crime Stoppers to report an anonymous tip. Those who offer substantial tips could be eligible for an award of up to $5,000. You can also use the agency’s online form or mobile app to submit information.

Finally, when in doubt, simply call your local police precinct to report your information. While they may not be the correct recipient, they will likely be able to tell you who to contact.

If you’ve been injured in a Texas car or truck accident, contact the Houston car accident attorneys of Lapeze & Johns today to learn about your rights to compensation.

Book Your FREE Consultation Now

Source: FOX4News


About Keith Lapeze

Keith Lapeze co-founded Lapeze & Johns with the focus of delivering dependable legal services to individuals hurt in accidents caused by negligence. After graduating third in his class from Louisiana State University Law Center, Mr. Lapeze continued his calling through commercial, environmental, and tort litigation where he is admitted to practice in both Texas and Louisiana, the United States Supreme Court, and the Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. Read more about Keith Lapeze here.

Before You Leave

Check in first with our Legal Assistant for guidance in your personal injury case.

Start Now
Holler Box